estimated scheduling

Preparation January 2018 - March 2019
Trip eastward April 2019 - October 2019

More detailed information on the newly redone website www.fahreast.xoff.ch (in German, English version will be available asap)

November 17, 2018

November 14, 2018 | ActionCam-Mount with Shock Absorber

Since I had no success in the search for a practical mount for my ActionCam, I wanted to make one myself.

The requirements were: The bracket must:

  • be attachable to the rear wall of the cab with a simple screw fastening.
  • absorb vibrations and shocks while driving with the truck.
  • have a small depth.


Axial Wraith with Trailer
Since the tuning of my remote-controlled model car, a modified (self-made body and trailer in brass) "Axial Wraith", I have the old shock absorbers left. So one should take over the work. I tested it on the digital scale, looking at what weight (pressure with the finger) it started to spring down. At about 250 g.  

The ActionCam weighs about 130g - where the rest of the weight should come from I already knew. The metal leftovers-box already glittered next to the lathe.

The idea was born - a holder had to be designed.


My favorite material for mechanical matters is definitely brass. From my left-over box I took several pieces and began to turn on the lathe and to mill on the mill.

























When all the pieces were made, plastered, adjusted and sanded, I started flame-firing the aligned parts together with the flame.

It is certainly clear to every attentive reader what I have built here. Most people will say now: "Yes! That's exactly how I thought it would be! »ðŸ˜‚


Sandblasted the work can approximately be seen, but only in the final state with camera mounted and shock absorber installed, the brass burnished, the construction is really understandable.


Et voilà...😎





The holder with a diameter of 25 mm moves fine and a bit of grease makes it even finer.

I have the feeling that the device absorbs the hand-simulated bumps and vibrations quite well...fine tuning by means of spring bias and oil in the damper, which I have temporarily removed, will be done later.



Looks a little bit steampunk-like...😉 






No comments:

Post a Comment